Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Summer 2013

 SUMMER PAINTINGS, 2013 - The season of summer is always too short for me...


Ian At The Lake (2013)
40" x 30"
Ah yes, the Viking warrior (aka my nephew Ian, at about 13 ) gestures as the ancient Sunfish sailboat pulls into shore.
My brother John at the rudder.  Alex is so young that his torso and legs haven't grown together yet....


AQUATIC BABEHOOD
2013
(30" x 30")
I painted this to be the cover for my record of songs on an CD (released this July 2013- lynbertles.com)
Basically, it's me (bien sur!) in the pond at my mom's property in Vermont.  There really is a blow-up raft there, and many happy hours have been lolled in it.
A wish fulfillment picture.

In The Pool
2013
(30" x 40")
.I do have a pool fetish, but David Hockney's already been there, so I have to keep it in check....



In The Bathtub
2013
(2013,  30" x 30")
This is an after-image painting. Sort of. What I see when I close my eyes as  I'm lying in the bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment